[TowerTalk] Insulating tower base?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insulating tower base?
From: (Don Havlicek)
Date: Wed Feb 19 23:04:45 2003
Yes.  You can use similar materials, but in 'flat bar' form.
Fiberglass, UMHW, Nylon, Teflon, can all be safely used, but be sure to
leave a minimal spacing between the tower and the base so the stress
forces are not across a large section of the insulator.
I use solid fiberglass to insulate my 60' aluminum tower from its base
and it has worked well for the past 14 years !
Planning on doing exactly what you are inquiring about with a HDBX tower
sometime in the next few months [after the snow melts!] using teflon
stock that I recently acquired.