BlankA virus has been passed to me by an email that I received from a
friend recently. My computer in turn was affected. Since you are in my
address book there is a good chance you will find it in your computer too.
I followed the directions below, found the virus, and eradicated the
The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
Anti-virus systems. I had just updated my Norton yesterday before
receiving the following message and even with the latest update the
virus was not found. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging
the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
book whether or not you sent emails to your contacts.
Here is how you check for the virus and get rid of it.
1. Go to start, find or search option.
2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the subfolders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe.DO NOT OPEN IT
6. Go to edit (on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the file
without opening it.
7. Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then
the recycle bin.
IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To do this:
(a) Open a new e-mail message
(b) Click on the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
(c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
(d) Copy this message above and paste to e-mail.
(e) Enter subject
My apologies to those of you who have received this message! This is
apparently a real situation, based on the fact that I found the file
mentioned during the "search."