[TowerTalk] Relays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relays
From: gclute@attbi.com (G. Clute)
Date: Wed Feb 26 00:20:11 2003
While on the rx/tx switching relays subject,  here is an interesting
bit on the Viewstar 2500PT amplifier.  A friend asked me to look it
over, as he was experiencing receiver drop out..."desensing the
receiver".  This amplifier was used when he acquired it and there
were claims that "it worked for me" kinda stuff.  I couldn't  get far
enough down into the amplifier to check out the relay, but my Icom
756Pro's auto tuner could keep up with the changing SWR when it was
between the Icom and the antenna with the amplifier switched off.   I
was able to get my digital camera close enough to get the picture of
this relay.  See URL below.  Checking this Potter Brumfield
relay...it is only good for 100K switches  MTBF and the cost is
85.00.  Note the holes someone placed into the case.  I suppose they
were trying to remove MTBF numbers???  Good design?

http://home.attbi.com/~glcslc/willie_amp.jpg

Geo W7LFD