[TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
From: k9kl@gbonline.com (Gregg Seidl)
Date: Wed Feb 26 20:36:29 2003
I'm no expert on tower design but those screw anchors can really hold in the
right type of soil.I had one of the 6"* 5 feet that I wanted out.I tried to
turn it with a large pipe and that was a waste.So I went to the shed and got
out my 290 hp 8 wheel drive John Deere tractor and a chain that takes two
men and a boy to drag around ,and John lost.I ended up digging down some and
cutting it off.I have had concrete anchors that were below the frost line
about 5 feet here work there out.Never had that happen to a screw anchor.
Gregg  K9KL