[TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower with Short Nested Height?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower with Short Nested Height?
From: (Ken Kinyon - W7TS)
Date: Sat Mar 1 16:30:59 2003
A few years ago, US tower built a tower for me that is 6  10 foot sections
Nested about 13 1/2 feet, up 49 feet.  It was the second of these they
built. I don't know if they've done any more. It (while cranked up) has
withstood 60 - 80 MPH wind gusts with a 3 element SteppIR at top of tower
and 40-2CD 9 feet above it.
It cost around $3000, but I wanted a low profile sturdy tower. Another plus
is that I do all my antenna work standing on my roof.
Talk to Bruce at US Tower.
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon
34 Princeton Circle