[TowerTalk] Drilling into a concrete slab

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drilling into a concrete slab
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu Mar 6 16:12:12 2003
     I am helping a university ham radio club with a tower installation
on an already-poured level concrete slab.  It will probably be a 40' Rohn
45G tower bracketed once at about 20'.  We would like to put three or four
bolts in the slab and drill holes in a Rohn 45G base plate to match.

     Can someone recommend a particular concrete anchor bolt and
cement/epoxy/whatever product?

     What needs to be done to drill the holes properly?  What kind of
drill and bit are needed, how do you keep the hole vertical, etc?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops