[TowerTalk] "Growing" a universal tower...`

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Growing" a universal tower...`
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 00:18:34 2003
Hi Lou!

I faced the same problem a few years ago and got a 26 straight to put under
the
bottom section.    It will, according to my understanding, not change the
windload.
But couldnt get the current bottoms section out of the sockets under the
tower
as the section was wedged into the bolt sockets from the weight of the tower
over time.    Tried everything from heat to pounding.   Gave up!    You could

add a 22 straight but that will drop the windload to about 8 sq feet and
under
your windload.

CU Tuesday!

-Mike