[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] mechanical construction of 80m vertical

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mechanical construction of 80m vertical
From: (Chris BONDE)
Date: Fri Mar 21 18:45:56 2003
I have been unable to find a supplier of irrigation tubing within a 
reasonable distance.

The other metal tubing that I have been trying to find out more about, and, 
in some cases have found that they are good but expensive, are;  electrical 
conduit used for the stack, ie that part above the roof line ($$$$$), 
industrial grade top rails for chainlink fencing, looks good but shipping 
the problem for me 20ft lengthas about CA$30 a length, the last was custom 
automobile exhaust tubing, comes in various sizes, can be welded together 
or flared.  Should be galvo on the inside as well.

The other one that took my notice was the new plastic electric 
conduit.  Have to use the large diameter to obtain wall thickness and donot 
use the coupling, use a length of the main pipe as a splice or spint over 
the joint.  I was wondering about plastic welding, is that as strong as the 
main pipe as it is in steel pipe welding?

Chris opr VE7HCB

At 02:45 PM 2003-03-21 -0800, Jim Hill wrote:
>Finding tubing isn't easy.  I've stopped at a number of businesses in 
>farming areas with little luck. plastic tubing seems to be currently used. 
>However, the following store in Bakersfield CA  is a good choice:
>The Irrigation Store, 4001 State Road, Bakersfield, CA 93303  661-4421 or 
>800-742-7246. Their web site is:  Their web 
>site shows tubing with end connections, but I thought I saw just plain 
>pipe when I visited them.  The web site also shows stores at other locations.
>73's Jim
>See:  for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless 
>Weather Stations", and lot's more.  Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with 
>any questions and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.
>TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>