[TowerTalk] 40 meter rotatable dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter rotatable dipole
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon Mar 24 23:49:21 2003
T'was wondered.....

> TowerTechs, I need your help. Who has the best
> rotatable dipole out there? M2, F12? etc.

I have a F12 EF-140S up on my C3 boom.  It has been
NG for several months now!  Why?  I have no idea....
tried it again this afternoon during the Hawaii Afternoon
Net.  It lasted a few moments...then,  bam,  caused
my Corsair II PS to quit!  Something way up there is loose.

Don't know if it is one of the four linear loading wire clamps,
or something around that coil for the match to the coax feed..
but it does not work now.

I am very disappointed,  and it would be very difficult for me
to tend to it.  Unfortunately,  I need to call a crane truck
to bring the antenna down to where work could be done.

So,  on 40 meters, I am now using my 80 meter doublet plus
a tuner.  Works ok for about the Hawaiian Islands,  but that's
about it.

It you put up one of those linear loaded jobs,  with all the
clamps,  etc. be sure you can get to it each year to insure
all is as it should be!!

73,  Jim  KH7M