[TowerTalk] re 40m dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re 40m dipole
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Tue Mar 25 08:17:32 2003
On of the locals (KD3RC) had one up. As I recall, it
sagged 2-3 ft at the ends. If I were going to install
one, I would do the element strengthning modifications
that W6NL developed for the CC 40-2CD 2element beam. I
did this with my 40-2CD. The D40 is the same as the DE
of the beam. The mods will decrease the sag as well as
greatly increase the element survivability in ice/wind
conditions.

73, Stew K3ND