[TowerTalk] Heights

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heights
From: Brooks90@aol.com (Brooks90@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 15:39:06 2003
Hi Tom,   May be a good idea to run this by the mfr.  I know nothing of their
reputation, but usually you can tell if somebody is sincere when you hear
"oh, that's normal", particularly if it is followed up with a logical reason
for the issue.  If the creaking can be determined to be at the section joints
and they did not instruct assembly to include greasing the joint tubing that
slips into the next upper section (IF this  is the design; again, I don't
know this mfr. type), then that could be the problem.  All you need to do is
take the tower down and grease these areas!!  HI, however, if this is the
sitation, lack of grease should not be a problem until you do take the tower
down!  Hopefully you will get a believable, assuring answer from the mfr and
forget about it.   73,  D. Brooks