[TowerTalk] re tower permits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re tower permits
From: n8dcj@yahoo.com (dan bookwalter)
Date: Sun Mar 30 15:37:46 2003
"The thing that really grinds me about this is I
try to
do it the right way and then take a drive around the
city and find
CBers and
other hams who just said "ta hell with the law" and
just stick up the
towers
without a permit."

when i first was licensed in 1978 my dad had a friend
who was a ham and on city council who told me NOT to
try for a permit and put the darn thing up....

the reason....

he tried to go about it the correct way and after 2
years waiting for a judgement, either way ,he couldnt
get anyone to move on it.. so, he ran for and was
elected to city council and pushed his tower permit
through...

so i took his advice...

Dan N8DCJ