[TowerTalk] Location location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Location location
From: K5HAB@ARRL.NET (Peter Naumburg)
Date: Sun Apr 6 19:36:11 2003
Ken
I too am a Realtor (trying to be retired).  In the old days the Realtors job
was to represent both buyer and seller (called a dual agency) and try to put
together a fair deal for everyone.  The lawyers got involved and now in most
transactions the Realtor represents the buyer (buyer's agent) or the seller
(listing agent) and before you sit down with the Realtor to buy or sell
property you must agree in writing which hat the Realtor is going to put on.
I worked for years in a small town.  I could not afford to be a party to a
"bad deal".  If everyone did not win I did not want my name connected with
it.
Because of the Judges the way we help people has been in recent years
restricted.  I believe that a good Realtor, who actually wants the sale to
close without a lawsuit, will help a ham if the ham explains what is needed.
No CC&Rs that restrict an antennas and No County or City rules that do not
conform with PRB-1.
I purchased my current home a year ago and confirmed that there were no
CC&Rs and that the County rules would allow an antenna.  After purchase the
County changed it's mind.  I put up my 80' tower and we are in Federal
court. Hope this helps.
Peter Naumburg CCIM