[TowerTalk] CC D40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC D40
From: N4KG@aol.com (N4KG@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 12:33:43 2003
Mike,

Just use the dimensions provided by Cushcraft.  They did the tuning for you !
My *guess* is that a dipole needs to be at least 1/4 WL high for resonance
not to be affected by ground.  Note that the IMPEDANCE will vary with height.
 MY CC 2L40 plays just fine using the CC CW dimensions.

To reduce element SAG, double wall the first section of each element by
inserting the next smaller size tubing in each half element.  This will raise
the wind survivability from >70 mph to >90 mph.  My CC 2L40 survived a small
tornado that took out dozens of 80 ft trees including a couple of 75 year old
hardwoods.

Tom  N4KG