[TowerTalk] Re: Surge protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Surge protection
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Apr 19 16:24:59 2003
At 04:06 PM 4/19/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi George. I am located in Seneca SC. The power co. is a small co-op named
>Blue Ridge. The unit is made by Meter-Treater Inc. and sells for $200 to
>$300 depending on the model. My co charged a $30 inst fee and $5 per month.
>No guarantees but they service it monthly and if it is hit they replace it
>no charge.

Our local power company (Allegheny Power) installed them free and charges
$3.95 a month, forever.  If you use the whole system surge protector
cascaded with approved outlet strip surge protectors for your stereo, ham
gear, etc., Allegheny offers a large-limit replacement guarantee for
anything that gets zapped.  Haven't had to test the guarantee yet, thank
goodness.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm