[TowerTalk] Crank Up slop ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank Up slop ?
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Mon Apr 21 12:21:52 2003
Check with the manufacturer of the tower otherwise you're just being
cavalier with your approach.
Guyed towers are designed to be guyed and self-supporting towers are
designed to be self-supporting.  You add guys to a self-supporting tower
and you've changed the design which means there are new stress points
and perhaps higher loads, or a different distribution of loads and
stress, etc. that may have not been accounted for by the design
engineer. A few phone calls and you'll have your answers rather than
relying on the recommendations of folks with nothing to loose ;-)

Some structures are designed to move around or they will fracture from
the load stress, etc.

I highly recommend you stick with a professional when dealing with
changes on a structure this large.

Good Luck
dave
wa3gin