[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 House Bracket

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 House Bracket
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 15:41:54 2003
In a message dated 4/22/03 11:35:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jerry@rchco.com
writes:

> Rohn used to have a schedule of height vs wind load self support above
>  the bracket. Can't seem to find it on line now...?
>  Anyone know the url?
>  My recollection is 6 sq. ft of antenna, 70 mph, allowed 39' above the
>  bracket.
>  Any help out there?

    There is a Rohn pamphlet called "Manufacturer's Technical Information for
Bracketed or Self Supporting Towers". I used to have a bunch but have mailed
them out over the years so don't have one handy I can send you. Give me your
fax number and I can fax it to you.

    Forty-feet of bracketed 45G needs brackets at 15 and 30 feet but will
handle 36.7 sq.ft. @ 70 MPH.

    Your memory is pretty good. The maximum distance in the specs is 34 feet
which will give you a capacity of 5.5 sq.ft. @ 70 MPH or 2 sq.ft. @ 80 MPH.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -