[TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 4/29/03 - It's Up!!! [Long]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 4/29/03 - It's Up!!! [Long]
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Tue Apr 29 20:57:59 2003
Beautiful photo gallery - you outta burn it and go aorund making
presentations at ham clubs!

Nice job - I noted the boom turss on the 40-2CD... I have taken to
adding a short vertical truss support and preinstall/tension the
truss... hauling the whole thing up for the top of that short truss
tube, whcih is slightly offest from the center of the boom and has its
own boom to mast plate... note on this one the short tube should be
pinned to the plate since you are picking the antenna up from the top of
the apex.

Love them wide open spaces!

Jim, K4OJ