[TowerTalk] Gap and others

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap and others
From: (Dick Green)
Date: Wed May 7 15:28:41 2003

You might get away with CW and SSB at higher power levels, but do not go
key-down at anything over 500w. In my case, the coax melted inside the
antenna. It was quite a bit of work to replace it. The damage was not
detectable by visually inspecting the coax. I had to do a binary search,
cutting the coax in half until I found the bad piece. It turned out be a
section about one inch long in which the dielectric had melted through the

73, Dick WC1M