[TowerTalk] Size of TX-455 hole?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Size of TX-455 hole?
From: (David Greer)
Date: Fri May 9 21:22:13 2003
The backhoe operator is coming here on Monday morning to dig the hole for my
new U.S. Tower TX-455 55-foot free-standing crank-up. I initially told him to
dig a hole 3-feet square by 6-feet deep because that's what a chart on page 4
of the U.S Tower catalog shows. But last night I was looking over the "formal
stress analysis document" supplied by the company so I could determine how much
rebar I need to buy Saturday. On the page titled "Installation of pier footing
TX-455 crank-up tower," it clearly shows the hole for this tower as being
5-feet square by 6 feet deep. So which size is correct? That's a rather large
difference. Obviously, such a hole cannot be too big so I could always have him
dig the bigger size but don't want to if not necessary. My two phone calls
today to U.S. Tower went unanswered. 73, Dave, N4KZ

Do you Yahoo!?