[TowerTalk] AlfaSpid rotator at Dayton - booth 195

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AlfaSpid rotator at Dayton - booth 195
From: (dan bookwalter)
Date: Tue May 13 09:36:20 2003

i new i was setting myself up for some comments when i
mentioned the antenna... but, i have had phenomenal
luck with my Pro-57B... never waited in pileups and
have been told many times i was the strongest signal
coming out of the states...(non contest)... i think
the original PRO was a dog.. but the B model seems to
work fine... if you want an example look for K8MFO in
P/U's he is using a PRO-57B also...

can you tell me the physical dimensions of the unit ??
i only have 7 1/8" diameter area to install a rotor..

--- wrote:
>       Dan,,,,I don't mean this to be a wise ass but I
> would start with
> a new antenna.  My experience with the Pro -57 was
> that it was a
> rotating dummy load.  The difference when I went to
> a TH-11 was
> so dramatic that it can not even be described.
>       I have an Alfa Spid rotator on order, going to
> replace my T2X as
> soon as it arrives.  Have checked with several guys
> that are using
> them, some have as many as five in their contest
> stations, and
> everyone seems to love them.  They are relatively
> new, only out a
> couple of years so no long term experience but
> initial comments
> are great.
> Bryan W5KFT

Do you Yahoo!?