[TowerTalk] EH Antennas and Dr. Demento, Gap 75/80?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EH Antennas and Dr. Demento, Gap 75/80?
From: (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Tue May 20 00:58:14 2003
> The Gap Voyager makes a good 40/75/80 vertical antenna, though it is
> than 25 feet and, therefore, does require guys.

I owned the GAP Voyager from '92 through 2000.  It was a very good performer
on 40M, marginal on 80M, and absolutely useless on 160 and 20M.

I now have a Force12 Sigma-40 and I am much more pleased with its
performance against the Voyager.  It was simpler to's built
much more rugged, and it requires no guy wires....yes, its also priced more
than the Voyager.

I painted mine flat-black with Rustoleum Charcoal Grill paint and it blends
in nicely with the pine trees in the back yard.  I can't say enough about
the Rustoleum Charcoal Grill completely dries in a few minutes
(dry to the touch almost on contact) and adheres to bare aluminum with no
priming required.   Available at Lowes and Home Depot.

-Paul, W9AC