[TowerTalk] EHS Guy wire (3/16)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS Guy wire (3/16)
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 21 19:52:05 2003
In a message dated 5/21/03 4:42:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kb9mci@qsl.net
writes:

> I am in the process of putting up 70 feet of rohn 25, and need to know the
>  specs on 3/16 EHS cable.  The suppler I am getting the cable from says
what
>  he has is rated at 4200 pounds breaking strength, but does not know if it
>  will work for me.
>
>  Will this work?

    Yep. The breaking strength of EHS (extra high strength) is 3900 pounds.
Some galvanized and SS wire rope cable are in the same range so they'd be
just fine as long as they meet the strength spec. OTOH a lot of cables don't
so just make sure you know what you've got.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH