It might not be a "true ham radio" article - but, in view of the recent
grounding thread I thought some might find this of interest. de Mel KD7DCR
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) - Lightning struck a house in northern Vietnam, injuring
51 people who were inside watching a popular television show, an official said
The victims, mostly students aged 8 to 17, were taken to local hospitals in
Lang Son province following Thursday's incident.
Four adults suffered burns, while 10 children were treated for dizziness and
headaches, said Hoang Van Thinh of the People's Committee of Binh Trung
village, 105 miles northeast of Hanoi.
The other 37 victims were treated and released. None of the victims'
conditions was life-threatening, Thinh said.
The village is not wired for electricity, but one house is powered by a
0.5-kilowatt power generator run by stream water. The lightning struck the
generator and sent a current through the 14-inch television set that everyone
gathered around, Thinh said.