[TowerTalk] Length of Mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Length of Mast
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 1 23:21:03 2003
In a message dated 6/1/03 10:35:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mpride@us.ibm.com writes:

>  I recently heard that the new Steppir Antenna
>  with its insulated (shielded) elements tend to reject the electrostatic
>  build up during rain/snow storms (rain static or snow static) during
>  intense downpours (S meters go to 20 to 40 dB over S9) wiping out the band.

I would like to see or hear that it is a fact. Any actual experiences out
there?

Based on my experience with insulated wire Quad elements, it works NOT.
Insulation didn't seem to do any good. The top antenna was still noisy, the
bottom
one was dead quiet.

Yuri, K3BU