[TowerTalk] Length of Mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Length of Mast
From: (Richard M. Gillingham)
Date: Sun Jun 1 23:53:15 2003
Can't say I'd call the fiberglas tubes that the bronze tapes slide in
'shielding', the tubes being non-metalic.  But, yes mine doesn't show as
much precip static as my aluminum yagi did.  Don't know why.

I can't speak to stacking Steppirs.  Hard to decide on proper spacing etc.
I don't know if anyone has tried stacking yet.

When I shut down, at night or for a thunderstorm, I retract the metalic
portion of the antenna into the stepper box at the boom.  Dunno if that
provides any protection, but I feel better about it...

Gil, W1RG