[TowerTalk] How to mix concrete in the mixer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to mix concrete in the mixer
From: MoweryJD@NSWC.NAVY.MIL (Mowery Joseph D DLVA)
Date: Mon Jun 2 16:12:24 2003
        You said that you are going to be mixing all of this in a mixer.
This is a lot of work even for a large portable mixer.  Not to mention the
strain on your back.  You will be moving close to 6 1/2 tons of material.
For the 4 yards of concrete delivered, it would come close to $300 depending
on your local rate.  Considering the consistency of the mix you could
produce in the required time and the labor involved.  Why don't you just get
the ready mix?

You should have the following approximate weights.

3/4" Aggregate
aggregate       64 lbs/cu ft    1728 lbs/cu yd  6152 lbs for your job
Sand    47 lbs          1269 lbs/cu yd  4518 lbs
Cement  23 lbs           621 lbs/cu yd  2211 lbs

Over 3 tons of Aggregate
Over 2 1/4 tons of Sand
Approximately 24 bags of cement

1/2" Aggregate
aggregate       56 lbs          1512 lbs/cu yd  5383 lbs for your job
Sand            49 lbs          1323 lbs/cu yd  4710 lbs
Cement  25 lbs           675 lbs/cu yd  2403 lbs

Over 2 1/2 tons of Aggregate
Almost 2 1/2 tons of Sand
Approximately 26 bags of cement

v/r,
Joe
AG4BW

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments is
confidential information intended only for the use of individuals or
entities named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at the
originating address.