[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Unique RFI/Grounding system

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unique RFI/Grounding system
From: (Jim Lux)
Date: Mon Jun 2 19:17:39 2003
At 03:44 PM 6/2/2003 -0700, Steven Gehring wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>Do a search on the internet (Google) for what is called a UFER Ground.
>There are many hits on this type of cement foundation grounding method.  I
>hope this helps...
>Besides following the NEC, I'd like to employ this method the next time I
>build a new house.  I suppose this UFER ground could be bonded to the
>building ground and a single point ground panel.

The UFER ground IS the building ground. You wouldn't generally see a 
conventional ground stake tied to a UFER ground (if only because the UFER 
is a better ground.. lots of contact area, low impedance, etc.)

One could use a UFER ground at the tower and at the shack, and tie them 
together per the NEC...

Jim, W6RMK

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>