[TowerTalk] RE: idea(l?) hamshack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: idea(l?) hamshack
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Tue Jun 3 01:38:06 2003
The complete rsponse is very interesting.

I was doing some literature research for soundproofing awhile back.  There
were some suggestions that might have been left behind for some
reason.  Two I remember were:  For ordinary stud walls, non-bearing, slice
the stud in half  to about 4 inches from each end.  Put a limp metal foil
on the inside of the drywall, say lead.  (Lead has been used on the base of
building support columns to dampen earth vibrations to the building, eg
railways.)

One concept was to think of the sound like water in a box or heat, it will
flow through the holes, just find what are the 'holes'.  eg conduction and
radiation paths.  Another is place fans outside and suck the air out.

Chris opr VE7HCB