[TowerTalk] Re: Crimper for LMR 400 ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Crimper for LMR 400 ???
From: na6t@na6t.com (Bob Smith)
Date: Sat Jun 7 14:02:13 2003
Hi Art,

I'll probably get a whole lot of flak about mentioning businesses and
names, but oh well
I install 8-10 Times MW LMR-400 connectors a day. I've been using the Times
Tools for about
2 years, there great.

You need three tools:
1.  cable shield stripper : ST400-EZ
2.  Center connector Trimmer: 0-20
3.  Crimping Tool: Times CT300-400

The first tool removes the outer PVC shield from the LMR-400.  The Second
tool trims the
center conductor so it will fit into the "N" connector center pin.  The
third crimps the whole
connector together. I've ONLY used the TIMES connectors, the quality
control is good, but
they aren't cheap in price either, but none of them are, they are between
$8-$12 each.

I got my tools from Electro-comm in colorado http://www.electro-comm.com/.
The tools
aren't cheap,  they were about $100.00 total ,, I think?  I don't work from
them, etc.
it's just a supplier that I do alot of business with for LMR and TIMES crip
connectors.
They will ship daily by 3:00 mt, ship overnite if need be, and the people
are real easy to deal with , easy to ask help on a project and just
generally great.

Hope this helps

Bob Smith
Robert Smith Consulting
"Wireless Installations -- Businesses & ISP's"
F.C.C. Licensed-Commerical & Amateur Services
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 5

I am looking for recommendations on a crimper for installing connector on LMR
400, summer has arrived here in the northwest and I need to do a bunch of
antenna work.  What I am looking is a good easy to use crimper, price is not as
important as something that will do a good job.  So what are you guys and gals
using. Also where did you buy it.

TIA

Art
KB7WW