[TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?
From: (M. Kent Miller)
Date: Tue Jun 10 14:45:04 2003
I use the same method as does Steve - K7LXC, but with a little addition that
I find helpful.

After " sighting " through the tower to see approximately where the anchor
points should be, I tie a strip of  flourescent " surveyors marking tape "
to each tower leg, walk it out to the area of the anchor point and tie it
off to a stick placed in the ground. After doing this, I go back and " sight
" through the tower again. The tape makes it easier to see that you' ve got
your anchor point at the desired spot, and if your angle is off a little, it
shows it up so you can move the stick and determine more exactly where to
start digging.

I just finished doing this today for a 140 foot tower that will be installed
in a heavily wooded sure makes it easier to see when establishing
guy paths through trees and brush.

Kent - K4MK