[TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets
From: dick.green@VALLEY.NET (Dick Green)
Date: Mon Jun 23 14:10:06 2003
Pete,

I've had all sorts of trouble with critters chewing cables and coax. They
really seem to like LMR400UF, but not 9913 and Buryflex as much. So far, I
haven't found a rotor cable they don't like. The best solution was to bury
the cable a few inches under the grass. I use a vertical hoe to make slits
in the ground and tuck the cables under the sod. Another solution I tried
was to drink a lot of water and, uh, water the cable myself. That seemed to
keep the critters away for a while, at least until the next heavy rain. Not
a very practical solution in the long run.

Dick