[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question
From: (James C. Hall, M.D.)
Date: Thu Jun 26 16:38:46 2003
Hi John:

There are several Army Surplus models that may fit the bill.  The most
popular is the AB-577 "Rocket Launcher" which will go 50 feet and with an
extension kit will go 70 feet. It weighs about 200 lbs and is NOT a one-man
job. I know - I have one. This may be complete overkill, however, and you
may be able to use something like a AB-155, which will go to 30 feet and is
definitely a one-man job. I use one of these to support a long Carolina
Windom on one end. Both of these are VERY popular in ham circles and, as
such, have become rare to find complete 'kits'. When you can find them (
usually on eBay ), they will fetch a 'pretty penny' ! Ontario Surplus should
have some info on all this.

73, Jamie