[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25
From: (
Date: Thu Jun 26 16:50:59 2003
In a message dated 6/25/03 9:32:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

> I have been given 170 feet of Rohn 25G in excellent shape.  I live in
>  Jackson County. FL.  Wind zone is 95 MPH
>  Honest opinions on setting up tower?

    You didn't mention what your proposed windload would be.
>  I understand that the 25G is only rated at 90 MPH in any configuration over
>  100 feet.  BUT it is rated at 90 MPH at 190 feet.  Will the 20 foot
>  reduction give me enough of a safety factor?

    You might want to have a PE or engineering-type run some calcs on your
proposed installation. You still need the windload info.

>  As much as I have read about
>  Rohn's conservative nature is this excessively risky?
    Might be - it depends. Tower capacity is a direct function of leg
strength; 25G legs aren't real substantial so they have their limits, as do all

    The towers are designed to TIA-222 specs so ALL towers are conservative.
In all cases the LXC Prime Directive should be observed: "DO what the
manufacturer says." Failure to comply is at your peril.

Steve    K7LXC