[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question
From: dick.green@VALLEY.NET (Dick Green)
Date: Thu Jun 26 23:56:38 2003
I also own three AB-577's and have had exactly the same experience as Dan.
If the wind isn't blowing over 5-10 MPH, you can do the whole job yourself,
as Dan describes. If the wind is blowing harder, you should have a man on
each guy. An alternative is to loosen the guys just enough to raise the mast
a couple of feet, raise the mast until the guys snug up, loosen them again,
and so forth. This procedure is described in the manual. It takes a long
time to do it this way, and a lot of running around, but it's the only safe
way for one man to do the job on a windy day. I raised the 75' version with
one other person this way -- and it had a 40-2CD and a rotor on top! It took
forever, but was basically a safe process.

The screw-in anchors work fine here.

73, Dick WC1M