[TowerTalk] N8SM details

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N8SM details
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Sat Jul 12 23:02:09 2003
Gentlemen, I received an email yesterday from N8SM's sister Gina.  She asked
me to relate that which pertains to the previous discussion about Steve's
fatal accident.  Here are the appropriate excerpts:

>According to the messages on Tower Talk,
>there are those who are anxiously
>awaiting the details of my brother's
>accident.  Perhaps you can pass this on

>He landed on his heels (as the 2-3" indentations in the
>ground at the base of the tower indicate).

>Police and Fire crews performed an investigation of the accident. It was
>determined the safety harness worn by my brother was intact. Nothing was
>torn and the latches were operational.

>We have speculated as to the cause of the fall.  It is possible he
>unlatched his harness to move around the tower.

>I hope
>those looking for additional
>information will respect my
>sister-in-law's need for privacy.

>Steve died doing what he loved and did not
>suffer.  He was the happiest he'd ever been
>at the time of his death.

At the time of his death, his climbing belt was "intact" but his sister says
he may have "unlatched his harness to move around the tower."  I have
delicately inquired as to whether his belt's lanyard was attached to
anything or not.

Going on a road trip here, so I may not have email for a couple weeks.

Mark, N5OT