[TowerTalk] Tower Tale

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Tale
From: llindblom@juno.com (Larry L Lindblom)
Date: Tue Jul 15 01:28:18 2003
Tonight I grabbed a can of tuna and some crackers for my evening meal.  I
turned on the TV and lo and behold there was a piece about a ham radio
operator on "Stupid Human Behavior Caught on Tape".

It seemed thing were not working well and a ham radio operator climbed
his tower ( 50 or 60 ft) to check out his "huge" antenna (a 3 element tri
bander).  He slipped and was hanging with one leg in the tower and his
head aimed at the ground.  The fire department  got him down and the
announcer pointed out he was 83 years old.  His wifes comment in a rather
crotchety voice was "I've been telling him to take that stupid tower down
for years!"

Given his wife, I'll bet the only thing this ham has to live for is his
radio which gets him away from her!