[TowerTalk] 160m dipole polarity, if there is such a thing...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m dipole polarity, if there is such a thing...
From: jsb@digistar.com (Jason Buchanan)
Date: Thu Jul 24 18:33:52 2003
hello all,

I am going to hang a 160 meter dipole w/1:1 balun tomorrow and am
wondering if there is a recommended method for how to hang it
"polarity-wise".  One half of the dipole is going to extend over some of
my house, the other half will totally be over the yard.  Should I put
the half that is tied to the center conductor over the yard or the
house?  It seems like it would be best to have the leg that is
electrically connected to the center conductor of the balun over the
yard and not the house.

thanks and regards,
Jason - W0JSB