[TowerTalk] silly LM470 question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] silly LM470 question
From: alwilliams@olywa.net (Al Williams)
Date: Sun Jul 27 13:24:42 2003
There may be different versions of the LM470 with different rotator
mounting methods.  My LM470 purchased during the FirstCall
fiasco (about 2 years ago) was advertised as having the capability
to mount the rotator plate anywhere in the top section.  It accomplishes
this by using three welded rods along the periphery of the triangle
mounting plate.  The rods stick out and are bent down and sits
at any of the towers rungs.  My two LM470's came without any method
to bolt them securely, relying only on gravity.  This makes it a bit
difficult to work on the rotator/mast when the tower is tilted over
as gravity is working against holding the plate in place.

I would like to learn if anyone else has this version and if they have
devised a method to securely bolt the plate to the tower

k7puc