[TowerTalk] Insulated Wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insulated Wire
From: jimlux@earthlink.net (Jim Lux)
Date: Tue Jul 29 10:23:20 2003
There are three basic approaches:
1) There is some literature in the journals on the effect of insulation on
wires which was the basis of the math in the second approach
2) NEC4 (which understands insulated wires)(but needs licensing)
3) blind empiricism (cut it a bit long and trim)

Just as a note, if your design needs <1% accuracy to work, how do you
account for things like catenary sag, movement of elements in the wind, etc.
How were you planning on confirming the pattern?  Measuring patterns of HF
antennas is a decidedly non trivial problem.