[TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit
From: (
Date: Fri Aug 1 12:40:28 2003
I have a 350 foot - 4" diameter conduit that I have fished wires through
several times.  I have many many wires in the conduit and I would never
consider pulling them all out just to add additional wires.  I install an
extra 12ga electrical wire and use that for pulling future wires.  When I do
add wires, I dig up the end by the tower and remove the  fittings so I can
pull straight out of the pipe.  If you can do that at both ends you'll
really benefit as angle fittings (even 45 degree ones)  add a lot of
resistance.  Also use plenty of pull  lubricant.