[TowerTalk] Rotor Wiring Sequence Help

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Wiring Sequence Help
From: (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Mon Aug 4 10:10:56 2003
It's a common misconception that the heavy wires are
for the motor - heaven knows I used to think that...

Figure 9 (Schematic)

"Terminals 1 and 2 must be connected to the using the
larger gauge wires of the 8-wire cable."

And from the schematic one can see that Term 1 is
ground and Term 2 is the brake.

Sanity check:
If I read this right, the motor has two windings (CW,
CCW) plus ground, so one would require THREE larger
conductors if one wanted to wire the motor

Mike N2MG