[TowerTalk] K9AY receiving loop antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K9AY receiving loop antenna
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Aug 4 16:20:33 2003
The K9AY outdoor box has a manual switch for changing the termination
resistance.  There are three settings, one for 160m - 80m and compromise.
I'm not sure how critical these values are and there is no way to remotely
change these values.  Mine is set to the compromise setting and it does
offer improved receive over my 1/4wl vertical on 160m.  On 80m I received
better using my transmit antenna - a rotatable dipole at 160'.

John KK9A