[TowerTalk] DX Engineering 20DX-5 modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 20DX-5 modeling
From: w8aef@worldnet.att.net (Paul Playford)
Date: Tue Aug 5 13:26:40 2003
I suspect that the lobe that goes straight up is a function of your models
ground.  Try the model in free space and see what happens.

When I scaled the 4 element W2PV 12 meter design to 20 meters (41 foot boom)
I adjusted only the driven element length and beta match for best SWR, and
it has a terrific pattern.

If you would like me to play with it just email me your EZNEC model file.
Better yet, how about emailing the original DX Engineering dimensions along
with the height of the antenna above ground?

I assume your QTH is Parker, CO.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A