[TowerTalk] Buried conduit (was Pull rope)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried conduit (was Pull rope)
From: sashen@swbell.net (Sid Ashen-Brenner)
Date: Tue Aug 5 18:56:35 2003
         If pulling Fiber Optic cable is any comparison ... Pulling Fiber
in "Smurf Tube" is a much easier pull than in conduit IF the "Smurf Tube"
is supported at regular intervals (like it's supposed to be).  Major reason
being that there is less surface contact than with solid pipe.

         DO use a pulling lubricant .. and NOT just regular dish
soap.  This is not the right place to save a buck.

Two cents worth from a Hospital Electronic Technician (in the Black Hole of
Kansas)