[TowerTalk] TA-33Jr.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-33Jr.
From: wa9vrh@mtco.com (Larry Saletzki)
Date: Thu Aug 7 22:35:56 2003
Hi Paul, I like you started out with the TA-33Jr. I picked mine up at the
local truck terminal since at the time it was to long for UPS to ship. I
believe the boom was 12' and UPS could only deal with 10'. So I have this
box 12' + long tied to the roof of my 1960 Volkswagen headed to my parents
house. You know they didn't say much until I brought home the RTTY equipment
and was running it in the middle of the night. Must have been a clue go look
for that house you have been looking for!

Well I built a 4-811A amplifier and knew I needed to upgrade the TA-33Jr.
Yes you are correct it was the MP-33 which only upgraded the driven element.
I do not believe Mosley ever made a "true" TA-33Jr to TA-33SR upgrade. By
the way the TA-33Jr/MP33 is about 60' above my head at this time and still
working VERY well. I have a TA-33SR in my garage and a new TK40-R (I think
that is the correct number) for 40M to add on to it. However I may have to
wait awhile until the XYL is gone a week to slide it up in place of the
current antenna.

I believe that the TA-33 line was and still is one of the best antennas ever
made. Don't sell it short. I have worked the world with mine which certainly
has a few years on it but still to this day works great!
73 Larry WA9VRH