[TowerTalk] Re: How to file comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: How to file comments
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Thu Aug 7 19:01:49 2003
I filed a comment during the original period, and am more than willing to
file a reply comment.  The problem for me which I brought up on the RFI
list, is that I need pro-BPL comments to reply to.  I need for someone to
show me how to find these on the ECFS website search page.  If someone could
supply me and others with a list of entities who filed pro-BPL comments we
could search the ECFS page using their names, and collect comments to reply
to.  As of now, unless I missed something, it seems everyone has to go
through the comments one by one to find these and there are hundreds of
them.  That's probably what's causing the low reply rate.  That, and a lack
of understanding of the process and exposure to the latest streaming video.
it would be great if ARRL could get 3 or 4 of the major industry comments
and put them up for everyone to see and reply to.  I imagine FCC is pretty
strict on the various periods in the process.  Right now, they are accepting
comments on previously filed comments.  If you file a general "I'm against
this" document without saying specifically whose comment you are replying to
it will probably get disregarded since the time for general comments to the
NOI is past.  Please understand I'm not trying to frustrate everyone's good
intentions--I'm just trying to get on the right page with this.   What I
would like to do is find the industry comments which state that their field
trials did not result in any reported RFI (which I understand is what at
least some of them have said), and file a response refuting that and using
the ARRL's latest video as evidence.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com