Dont listen to the critics, getting a TA-33 to perform like a 5 element 20M
monobander is actually pretty easy, just follow the steps below.
1. Load your favorite antenna design program, and design a nice 5 element
yagi on a
55 ft boom.
2. Strip the elements off the TA-33, discard the traps and throw away the
3. Build a new 55 ft boom, buy some element material.
4. Rebuild the old TA-33 elements with the additional material as director
5. Buy some more element material. Build a new driven element and reflector as
per your new design.
6. Mount as high as posable.
There you have a high performance modified TA-33 that performs as well as any
a 5 element monobander. This is not all that hard is it, no magic and you
dont have to defy physics after all.