[TowerTalk] How to align a beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to align a beam
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (Dan)
Date: Sat Aug 9 16:17:57 2003
Dave, this has been discussed many times on this reflector and is in the
archive. The easiest way is to look in your newspaper in the weather section
for the sunup and sundown times. Divide the time difference between them to
get the exact time for mid day. At that time the shadow of any vertical
tower, post or whatever, will point to true north. draw a line on the ground
or sight on some distant tree or house or whatever at that time. Align your
boom with that visually. Even large yagis have patterns so broad that an
accuracy of a few degrees is close enough. GL, Dan, N5AR