[TowerTalk] Re: (Tower Talk) Antenna element vibration damping - How

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: (Tower Talk) Antenna element vibration damping - How
From: (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Sat Aug 9 16:16:41 2003
> ...with riveted elements I have never had a tip fall out!  My HyGain
> Cushcraft beams have all been modified to riveted element
> which also do NOT snag on the guy wires on the way up!

What is really fun with bad vibration cases is that the element tips
fatigue and break off.  I have had that happen with both the newer
telrex designs and cushcraft... no double hoseclamping or riveting will
ever stop that!

David Robbins K1TTT
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.